BY-LAWS of the Sierra Foothills Cycling Club
- Club Fiscal Year
The Club fiscal year shall begin on July 1st and end on following June 30.
- A business meeting shall be held monthly or as the Executive
Board determines. Dates and times of the business meeting will be announced
in advance to the general membership.
- A general meeting for the purpose of providing information,
education, or other activity shall be provided monthly or as the Executive
- Club Rides will be arranged by the Ride Director in cooperation
with members acting as Ride Leaders.
- The order of club business meetings will follow parliamentary or
standard business practice.
- Non-members are welcome at any meeting or Club ride.
- Annual dues will be $20.00 per year for individuals and $25.00 per year for family memberships. Each membership is
valid for 12 months beginning in the month the member joins. A member's annual dues must be
paid 30 days prior to membership expiration.
- Duties of Officers
In addition to the functions indicated in the Constitution, officers
shall have the specific duties as outlined below:
- The President, Vice President and Treasurer may sign all
checks disbursing Club funds.
- The Treasurer shall: 1) deposit all funds in the name of the Club
at government insured financial institutions, and 2) present reports of
financial conditions and operations at business meetings.
- The Ride Director will coordinate the activities of those
members that volunteer to lead planned and published bicycle rides and
other social events.
- Appointed Committee Directors and Chairpersons
Committee positions can include but are not limited to the following
- Membership Director: Who shall be responsible to
process new and renewal applications, collect, and forward dues to the
Treasurer, mail membership materials and other information to members.
- Website Editor: Who shall be responsible to publish ride schedules
and informational items.
- Special Committees
The Executive Board will establish, as needed, special or standing
committees to support the Club's activities.
- Budgeting and Expenditure of Funds
The Executive Board will be responsible for the budgeting and expenditure
of club funds. The Club will not provide financial support for a member's
personal cycling activities, social events, or other competitive endeavors.
- Safe Bicycling Practices
All club riding practices shall be in
accordance with state and local traffic laws. Riding practices
required by the Sierra Foothills Cycling Club include but are not
limited to the following:
- Hard shell ANSI approved (or equivalent)
cycling helmets must be worn by members and guests on all club rides.
- Members shall come to a complete stop at all red lights and stop signs.
- Riding to the right, with traffic.
- Always riding in a safe, courteous manner which becomes the Sierra Foothills Cycling Club
and reflects positively on bicycling.
- Ride leaders may, at any time,
request a member or guest not participate in a club ride if the
ride leader determines the safety of the participant, member, guest
or others may be in any jeopardy.
- Members shall maintain their bicycling
equipment in safe and serviceable condition.
- By-Law Amendment
These By-Laws may be amended by adding a new section or revised by
changing a current section by a simple majority of those present at any
regular club meeting.
- Adoption of By-Laws
These By-Laws shall be adopted upon acceptance by a simple majority
of those present a regular club meeting.